Here's what I came up with; it pretty simple. inexpensive and tastes great. Or at least Linda my wife & chief critic thinks so!
For 2 generous servings:
2 heads of endive
2-3 oz of smoked salmon
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon Plus the zest from the lemon
A few springs of fresh dill
A couple of tablespoons of chopped chives
Sale & pepper to taste
- Put the olive oil , lemon juice & zest into a bowl & mix with a fork.
- Cut off the root end of the endive, remove any bad outer leaves & chop the endive into about 1/2 inch rounds. Separate the rounds well & place in the bowl.
- Mince the smoked salmon into small pieces & add to the bowl.
- Chop the dill then add it and the chopped chives to the bowl.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Mix everything very well & let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve on plates at room temperature & garnish with a spring of dill & a chive flower if available.
Enjoy & let me know what you think if you try it.